Whilst every effort is made to update the information contained on this website, neither Linguapractica nor any third party or data or content provider make any representations or warranties, whether express, implied in law or residual, as to the sequence, accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, opinions, any share price information, research information, data and/or content contained on the website (including but not limited to any information which may be provided by any third party or data or content providers) ("information") and shall not be bound in any manner by any information contained on the website. Linguapractica reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue without notice, any aspect or feature of this website and its terms and conditions. No information shall be construed as advice and information is offered for information purposes only and is not intended for trading purposes. You rely on the information contained on this website at your own risk. If you find an error or omission at this site, please let us know.
This website and its content is copyright of Linguapractica - © Linguapractica 2015. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
• you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
• you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
External links may be provided for your convenience, but they are beyond the control of Linguapractica and no representation is made as to their content. Use or reliance on any external links and the content thereon provided is at your own risk. When visiting external links you must refer to that external websites terms and conditions of use. No hypertext links shall be created from any website controlled by you or otherwise to this website without the express prior written permission of Linguapractica. Please contact us if you would like to link to this website or would like to request a link to your website.
Public Forums and User Submissions
Linguapractica is not responsible for any material submitted to the public areas by you (which include bulletin boards, hosted pages, chat rooms, or any other public area found on the website. Any material (whether submitted by you or any other user) is not endorsed, reviewed or approved by Linguapractica. Linguapractica reserves the right to remove any material submitted or posted by you in the public areas, without notice to you, if it becomes aware and determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that you are or there is the likelihood that you may, including but not limited to -
a) defame abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of other users or any third parties;
b) publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
c) post or upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programmes that may damage the operation of Linguapractica's and/or a third party's computer system and/or network;
d) violate any copyright, trade mark, other applicable United Kingdom or international laws or intellectual property rights of Linguapractica or any other third party;
e) submit contents containing marketing or promotional material which is intended to solicit business.
You further agree not to use the website to send or post any message or material that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, indecent, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, sexually orientated, racially offensive, profane, pornographic or violates any applicable law and you hereby indemnify Linguapractica against any loss, liability, damage or expense of whatever nature which Linguapractica or any third party may suffer which is caused by or attributable to, whether directly or indirectly, your use of the website to send or post any such message or material.
Linguapractica makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, implied in law or residual) regarding the website, the information contained on the website, your or your company's personal information or material and information transmitted over our system.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Linguapractica and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Linguapractica. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Linguapractica takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
For the Bronze, Silver and Gold plans, if the Student does not take the total number of classes, Topic Talks or Guided Lessons within that month then they will not be carried over to the next month.
All payments for classes and services are non-refundable. No refund or credit will be given for free classes given or requested either alone or as part of a package, as such free classes shall be considered to have no monetary or credit value.
Rescheduling or Cancellation of Classes
A class may be rescheduled or cancelled by selecting the booked class within the student’s calendar and following the relevant steps. Classes cancelled more than 12 hours before the class start time will not be charged and the user will be re-credited the cost of that class to their total credits according to their Linguapractica user profile. Cancellations made less than 12 hours before class starting time will be not be refunded. If a Student fails to attend the class then that will be deemed as though they have attended and they will be charged for that class.
It is the Student’s responsibility to have a valid and fully functioning Google or Skype account in order to attend online private and/or group lessons. Linguapractica accepts no responsibility for Students being unable to attend due to not have either of the above. The Teacher will wait for 15 minutes from the start time of the class and if after 15 minutes the Student does not connect to the agreed online location (Google Hangout / Skype) and start the class then the Teacher will treat that class as having been taken and no refund will be given for non- attendance.
Cancellation by the Teacher
Occasionally the Teacher may have an unavoidable emergency or illness that could result in them having no option other than to cancel your class for that day or week. When this happens you will be sent an email as soon as the Teacher knows. You as the Student will not be charged the class credit for the cancelled classes and you are free to re-book your class or classes at a time when the Teacher advises you that they can recommence work.
Classes are scheduled by clicking an available space on the Student’s calendar and following the relevant steps. Once a class has been requested, the available space on the calendar will turn to orange, signifying that Linguapractica has received your booking request. The Teacher will then accept the booking request and the slot will show as green on the Student’s calendar to confirm the booking.
When a Group Class is offered or a Group Price is given, that price is given to ONE person even if they decide to have another person join the class. When a group class has been purchased then it is solely the responsibility of the person paying for the class to ensure the other classmate attends the Google Hangout / Skype class.
Each class that is listed will have a duration of 55 minutes unless otherwise stated.
Due to the nature of online audio-video calls using Google Hangouts or Skype, it is strongly advised that you have a “hard” connection (i.e., not using wifi) to the internet router at your location in order to improve the quality of the connection. Our teachers conduct classes using broadband connections, with computers connected directly to the router with an Ethernet cable. Linguapractica takes no responsibility for audio-visual problems you experience during private or group lessons.
1. Treat other members with the respect they deserve.
2. The forum language is English only. Please only post in other languages in private messages.
3. Please do not spam. The definition of spam is any irrelevant or advertising posts. Any post considered spam will be removed.
4. Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
5. Insulting and using offensive language or personal attacks against forum staff and members will be not tolerated.
6. Please be considerate in the language you use on the forum, some of our members are younger than others. Swearing is not completely banned, just do not swear unnecessarily. A filter is in place to safeguard this system.
7. No hacking and illegal activity, such as torrents and illegal downloads. This will not be tolerated, and if appropriate, may be reported to local authorities.
8. Please do not post inappropriate material. As a general guide, if you do not feel comfortable viewing it at work, or in front of children or parents, don't post it!
What happens if I break a rule ?
We reserve the right to manage each breach of these rules differently, depending on the context. However here is a general process of action that will be taken in most cases:
1st rule break (minor offence) - the post will be edited by an administrator and a PM will be sent informing you of the change and why.
2nd rule break - another warning via PM.
3rd rule break - you will receive a temporary ban, the length of which will depend on the severity of the incident.
Further rule breaking - you may receive a permanent ban, meaning you will never be able to use the forum again.
WhatsApp Study Class
To join the WhatsApp study class with the native English teacher:
- The Student must enter their mobile phone number on registration to the Gold subscription, or in the profile area on the website.
- The Teacher will be notified and will add the user’s number to the Linguapractica address book on the Company’s mobile device.
- The Student will receive a message via email informing them of the Linguapractica contact number.
- The Student must then add Linguapractica to their mobile device’s address book.
- The Student will receive a message on WhatsApp from the teacher in order to introduce themselves before the first topic being sent.
1. This service is available to Gold members only. If a Student moves to an alternative subscription plan, fails to make payment for the month or stops being a subscribed Gold member then then they will no longer be eligible for the WhatsApp study. In such cases, the Student will be sent a courtesy message by Linguapractica informing them why they’re about to be blocked from the chat and will remain so until the subscription is renewed.
2. The Student will receive a message every 24 hours of the new topic. The time the topic will be sent depends on the timezone of the particular Student, but Linguapractica will try hard to ensure this message is sent between the hours of 2300 – 0600 of the Student’s time, to ensure that the topic is ready for discussion the next day. We are unfortunately unable to accommodate requests for a topic to be sent at a certain time.
3. Once the topic has been sent, the 24 hour countdown starts for that discussion. The topic will mostly be in the form of a link to a news article and an open question to invite the Student’s opinion on the subject. It is then the Student’s responsibility to respond to that first message if they wish to engage in the discussion. If no reply is received from the user that day from the first message, the Teacher will assume they do not wish to participate in that day’s discussion. If the Student responds to the first message sent by the Teacher, the Student will receive 5 unique messages during the 24 hour period from the time the topic was set, correcting their mistakes.
4. Students can remove themselves from the WhatsApp study class via their profile page on the Linguapractica website or by request to contact [a t] linguapractica [d o t] com
How can I pay for Linguapractica?
With a credit card using our integrated Paypal payment system, or directly from your Paypal account. Paypal is our choice as one of the most secure and safe methods of payment in the world. You can read more about how your data is safe while paying us here https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/security-protections
How can I cancel my subscription?
On your settings page of your profile when logged in to your Linguapractica account. Any problems contact us and we will initiate the cancellation from our system.